This is my retrospective on how I conquered and experienced hard times in the past and then moved on to cope with every trouble that pulled me back.
But through the tiredness of struggle, I reached what I wanted, instead of giving up. I started in the middle, because the past part is too private.
The piece of writing here is just for practice writing only. I hope nobody reads it!
Since I lost my job, I left social activities that I didn't need and left social media. To be honest, at first it was hard, and it made me feel lonely. Fortunately, dark coffee and cigarettes accompanied me to cope with everything. Did it work? Not yet.
Other challenges came without permission. It is the noise. Since I live in a densely populated housing area, I am often distracted by the neighbors' chatter, children shouting nonstop on the grounds, vendors chanting to sell their goods, and even babies crying with little attention from their parents. All this mess robbed me of my focus.
But I have committed myself to keep going, whatever challenges lie ahead. One of my tricks was to find a comfortable place to practice writing.
So, I climbed to the rooftop on the third floor, where I found my sanctuary. And over there, I heard nothing and felt quiet, and everyone seemed small! No distractions anymore.
I know reaching a new skill in writing is not easy for me, because I don't speak English. English is my second, even third language.
I realize that to write well in English, I need to do more things. Especially learning correct sentence structure. And at the same time, my lack of vocabulary makes my writing seem a bit silly. Sometimes, I laugh to myself when reading it again, thinking how poor and terrible I was...
I know it will take time, because precious things don't come easily. Even precious diamonds are buried deep in the seabed.
So, if I really want that diamond, I must be willing to pay the price. And the diamond for me now is simple: I can write in English well.
I believe that through writing skills, many opportunities will come without being asked for.
Furthermore, I could create a stable income and have a good time to enjoy! Because I love writing, while singing in my heart, I could share cycling stories and whatever topics interest me. This is what I mean by 'the sprightly senior' that I want to be, for the rest of my life.
The new chapter in my life has just begun. And it is starting today!

No comments:
Post a Comment